Status: Completed Jan. 2003
A 1930 brick industrial building and a nearby 19th century timber frame structure, the “WAG” buildings had been abandoned and left to decay. In a 1998 feasibility study, Smith & Vansant evaluated the condition of the buildings, identified contributing historical features, and developed several scenarios for possible adaptive re-use of the site. This work eventually led to a project to renovate the brick building for a community service consortium with a program that included small media studios, office space, education areas, and a rehearsal space for teen theater counselors, at a site adjacent to the reviving Windsor Main Street.
Project received a Vermont Community Acheivement Award in 2003.